I read Mara’s blog post on Experiential learning. Thank you for the mention as well! Her post included a short video that explains Experiential Learning in only a few minutes, and I really like the way she delivers information. It keeps the reader engaged with different features in her blog post!

I especially resonated on the part “It gives learners opportunities for hands-on learning, which has been linked with increased engagement and memory retention as the learning is linked with memories and feelings (Carlton University, 2020). 

When I look back on my highschool years, to be honest, I don’t remember most of the things I learned when I was sitting in class, but I remember the function of internal organs because we used our body and played it out. Someone acted out as a “food” that goes through the mouth, oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and etc. It was way more memorable and enjoyable than just staring at the textbook to learn!

I believe it is beneficial for students if learning happens both indoors and outdoors,  including some sort of hands-on features especially with younger grades, ideas that are relatable, and open, for it to be meaningful and memorable.