Hello Pod#4!

Well done on your Interactive learning Design on Art of Expression! I love your activity ideas, website layout, the simplicity, and click buttons(hyperlinks)that take me to certain pages without me having to scroll all the way up, look for what I need, then move on to next.

Following are some more of my detailed comments on your ILD! 🙂

Comment on your Activities:

I think your descriptions and rationales were well written and easy to follow. Your activities were very well organized and engaging too! I like how you mentioned how colour wheels can also be used by children with colour blindness. Even if they can’t see colours well, they can still see them in grayscale and recognize how each colour relates to others! I also liked the part where you included teamwork exercise and individual exercise especially because this allows the learning resource to be a hybrid of in-person and online! It allows us to educate ourselves through times like now where we have to limit interactions with others.  Lot’s of variation!

Comment on your Assessment Plan:

I really like how you laid out your assessment plan page. Not only your group included the chart on National Core Arts Standards, but you also added short descriptions on what each section overall means. To be honest, I didn’t quite understand what the chart was trying to say until I read the short description underneath. Those descriptions gave me a really good understanding on what your group is trying to do! 

Comment on your Technology page:

I think the Technology page is also very well written. I like how your learning resources provide two ways to do your activity – both in person and online. You mentioned in your resources too, but in person/hands-on activities are crucial especially when teaching art. Considering the trendy matter “Covid19”, some may say, “Well, that’s for when things are back to ‘normal'”. However, your group did not fail to provide a solution to this. You suggested ways to conduct activities virtually that are as effective as doing it in person. Nice job!

Comment on your Inclusion page:

Good idea on having the definition for “Inclusive Design” at the very beginning! I think it helps the readers get their focus back straight especially after going through different pages on the website until they get here. This page introduces ways to include people who are colour blind and deaf, along with the challenges they have. I think the hyperlink to “usabilla” is really helpful because it gave me an idea of what it’s like to not be able to see certain colours. I think having an idea vs having no idea on what it’s like to have those challenges make a huge difference when sharing art or working together to create art.

One tiny thing about this section – I am also not a native English speaker, so correct me if I am interpreting this incorrectly, but I was slightly confused by what you meat on this specific sentence “Here is an even worst example that people are blind but still can create art base on multi-sensory development learning.” Did you mean “Here is a better example….?” or did you mean something else?

Also this is a suggestion, but since your group found a really cool site and video on a girl who creates art by feeling things through her body, maybe have the hyperlink to the video on “‘Here‘ is another example…” instead of hyperlinking it on to the title, “Loss Hearing”. I think that will catch more attention, because I almost missed this website page if I didn’t bring my cursor onto the title! 

One last thing, about the overall format about your website – I think if you move the tab (on top of your website) “Descriptions & Rationals” after “overview”, but before “Modules”, I think the viewer will be able to follow your website even better, because Description & Rationals contains information that give better understanding on why your modules/lessons are planned the way they are planned! 🙂

Nice work Pod #4!

Â