Great post on Inclusive Learning, Harleen!

I believe that getting to know your students (what they are good at, their challenges, etc.) is very important, whether it be through intelligence test or even through something else! When I was doing my practicum in an elementary school, I hung out with my students during recess and lunch break so that I get to know them (and some other students from different class) better. When I knew my students better, my lesson planning improved because I can consider their needs, and plan accordingly. For example, when I had a student who struggled in writing and drawing, but had fantastic ideas and computer skills, I let him create his learning “booklet” on google slides whilst other students hand-made their learning booklet. This student used to not participate in any activities that required writing or drawing, but as soon as I gave him this option, he was like a different person.

Harleen also said something that really struck me at the end.

“I would not be teaching students as a whole and gluing them together as one person. But that they are all individual people, who have individual and unique methods to learn.”

I strongly agree to what she said. You as a teacher will want to be open to new ideas, have flexible mind, and be willing to adapt and change if necessary. It is important to provide students with options on how they want to learn and how they want to show their learning if you want to draw out their full learning experience.